OPSB 2016 Calendar of Board Business and Committee Meetings February Board Meeting has been cancelled.
2016 Orleans Parish School Board Calendar of Board Business and Committee Meetings (Click Here)
2015 Orleans Parish School Board Calendar of Board Business and Committee Meetings: Revised 3/05/15 (Click Here)
2014 Orleans Parish School Board Calendar of Board Business and Committee Meetings (Click Here)
Change in date for May 2013 Policy Committee Meeting: May 14, 2013 (PUBLIC NOTICE)
2013 Orleans Parish School Board Calendar of Board Business and Committee Meetings (2013 Meeting Schedule)
Change in time for March’s Board Meeting, March 23, 2011 Click Here
Change in date for March’s Committee and Board meeting: Click Here REVISED 3.17.11
The general public is encouraged to attend all public meetings of the Board and Board Committees. In addition to attending the public is invited to make public comment relative to any matter of interest on the agenda as the agenda items comes up during the course of the meetings. The rules for public comment are:
- A card requesting the comment be heard should be completed before the item comes up on the agenda and submitted to the Board Counsel presiding at the meeting.
- The Board Counsel will call on those who have submitted cards one by one as the agenda item for which the card was submitted comes up on the agenda.
- The community member submitting the card will come to the microphone at the front of the meeting, if there is one present. In the case of smaller venues and audiences such as in Committee Meetings or Special Board Meetings the speaker will be asked to stand and speak clearly to allow all present to fully hear the remarks.
- The comment should be no longer than 3 minutes in length and adhere to the topic of the agenda item for which it was requested.
- The speaker shall refrain from becoming abusive in the delivery of the comment.