OPSB is no longer accepting applications in response to the 2015 Charter School Request For Applications (RFA) Process. A summary of applications received will be posted to this website prior to final decisions, which are slated for the Board’s May meeting cycle. This year’s RFA process is detailed below.
2015 OPSB Charter School Request For Applications (RFA) Process
Thank you for your interest in serving the students and families of Orleans Parish by applying to operate a Type 1 or Type 3 charter school. Please review the 2015 Citywide Charter School Authorizer Priorities, which can be viewed here: 2015 Citywide Strategic Priorities The 2015 RFA calendar can be found below. Prospective applicants are encouraged to continue to check this page frequently, as all updates and new materials will be posted here as soon as they are available.
- Part 1, Notice of Intent & Eligibility Determination, can be located here: 2015 OPSB RFA Part 1.
New for 2015– Early Eligibility Review: The OPSB Charter Office will provide prospective applicants with a single review of eligibility documentation prior to the submission deadline. Applicants wishing to receive an Early Eligibility Review must submit documents no later than 12:00 p.m. CST, Friday, January 23, 2015.
Part 1: Notice of Intent and Eligibility Determination is due no later than: 5:00 p.m. CST on:
- Friday, January 23, 2015 for all Type 3 (Conversion of an Existing Public) Charter Schools
- Friday, January 30, 2015 for all Type 1 (New Start) Charter Schools.
Late applications cannot be accepted.
Applications can be submitted via e-mail to Sean Perkins at firstname.lastname@example.org, or via Fluid Review here: https://opsb-charter-rfa.fluidreview.com/
- The OPSB Charter School Office recently hosted an information session for prospective applicants on January 12, 2015 at OPSB. A copy of that presentation can be viewed here: 2015 RFA Info Session
- Part 2, Application & Supplementary Materials, can be located here: OPSB 2015 RFA Part 2. Please note that Part 2 cannot be completed until Part 1, Notice of Intent & Eligibility Determination has been cleared.
2015 OPSB RFA Process Timeline
|MILESTONE/TASK||DATE (ALL TIMES CT)|
|RFA Release||December 12, 2014—Part 1
January 7, 2015—Part 2
|Information Session||4:30pm, January 12, 2015 at OPSB 5th Floor|
|Part 1: Eligibility Review Deadline||Noon, January 23, 2015|
|Part 1: Notice of Intent & Eligibility Documentation Deadline||Type 3: Noon, January 23, 2015
Type 1: Noon, January 30, 2015
|Type 3 Conversion – Demonstrated Support Procedures||January 26 -February 4, 2015|
|Type 1 & 3 Final Eligibility Determinations||February 6, 2015|
|Part 2: Type 1 and Type 3 – Complete Applications due||Noon, March 6, 2015|
|Final Completeness re-check||March 13, 2015|
|Requests for Clarification presented to applicants||April 6, 2015|
|Deadline for applicant responses to Request for Clarification||Noon, April 15, 2015|
|Capacity Interviews||April 27/28, 2015|
|Evaluator Recommendations presented to applicants and OPSB staff||May 4, 2015|
|Deadline for applicant response to evaluator recommendation||Noon, May 8, 2015|
|Public Hearing||4:00 p.m., CT, May 19, 2015 at McDonogh #35 (1331 Kerlerec Street)|
|OPSB Board Business Meeting – Final Decisions||Immediately following Public Hearing|
Additionally, prospective applicants may also wish to review:
- 2014 RFA application documents can be found here: 2014 RFA Process
- The Louisiana Common Charter Application, which is available on the Louisiana Department of Education’s website, link here
- The additional resources page of this website, which provides links to outside resources that may assist in preparing your application, link here
Call for Evaluators
If you are interested in being an independent evaluator of applications during the 2015 OPSB Charter School RFA process, please visit our website here: 2015 OPSB Charter RFA Evaluators
Questions & Concerns
Should you have additional questions regarding the 2015 OPSB Charter School RFA process, please contact: Sean Perkins. Assistant Director, Charter School Performance & Accountability email@example.com ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Public Disclosure All responses to the Charter School RFA submitted to OPSB are public records, pursuant to the Louisiana Public Records Law, LSA-R.S. 44:1 et seq. Print Friendly Version