Frequently Asked Questions
- Is the Prospectus required?
- The Prospectus is optional for all applicants. New Operators are encouraged to participate. Prospectus participants must submit the Prospectus to Fluid Review by 12:00 p.m. CDT on August, 7, 2017 to be eligible for independent feedback. Review the Part 1 Webinar to learn more about the Prospectus.
- How should Transformation Applicants proceed?
- Existing RSD operators should apply for a Type 1 Transformation. The School Name listed in the application can be generic: “CMO School #5.”
- All Transformation applicants – Takeover, Reconfiguration, and Phase In/Out – complete the Transformation addendum.
- Please read the Transformation Addendum FAQ
- Are Board Members from Existing School Operators and Experienced Charter Operators required to complete eligibility forms?
- Board Members currently serving School Operators with existing RSD and OPSB authorized charter schools do NOT have to complete Board eligibility forms.
- However, ALL Board Chairs must submit a founder’s submission. This can be found on Pg 21 of Part II.
- How do I access Fluid Review?
- Here is the link to the Fluid Review portal.
- Fluid Review is currently accepting Part I submissions. Fluid Review will begin accepting Part II submissions on August 16, 2017, after the Part II webinar.
Components of a Complete Application
Component Source Description
Applicant and School
Part I, Section I This section is eligible for an early review if submitted by 12:00pm CDT on August 7, 2017. If the applicant does not participate in the early review, this is due on August 31, 2017 by 12:00pm CDT.
Proposal Overview Form
Enrollment Projection Form
School Management Form
Part I, Section II This section is eligible for an early review if submitted by 12:00pm CDT on August 7, 2017. If the applicant does not participate in the early review, this is due on August 31, 2017 by 12:00pm CDT.
Teacher Eligibility Form
Board Eligibility Form
Executive Summary Part II Serves as a quick introduction and overview regarding your proposal for a school. In addition to describing your school model, the summary should provide the rationale for why New Orleans needs this school at this time.
Proposal Narrative Part II The Proposal Narrative addresses the LDE Common Charter Application as well as supplemental OPSB questions. This is the formal application to OPSB, and is a comprehensive description of the school’s educational, organizational, and financial plans.
Attachments Part II Throughout the application, specific documents are requested in addition to narrative answers. Attachments may not contain additional narrative unless specified. A comprehensive list of the attachments is provided on Page 11 of Part II.
Addenda Part II Certain addenda are required based on applicant circumstance. Addenda are required for:
Experienced Operators, Transformation Operators, High School Operators, and applicants with Corporate Partners or Virtual programs.