Edna Karr High School Students Honored At Academic Excellence Ceremony
February 2, 2017
Edna Karr High School honored hundreds of its students at the Academic Excellence Ceremony on Thursday, February 2, 2017. The event featured remarks from New Orleans Mayor Mitch Landrieu and Karr Principal Harold Clay. The special guest speaker was Gregoire Tillery, owner of We Dat’s Chicken & Shrimp, who is also a Karr Alum (Class of 2005).
Students were acknowledged for achieving the following academic honors:
- Earned a qualifying score on at least one AP exam: 25 students
- Earned a 3.5 or higher G.P.A. each semester of the 2015-2016 academic year: 79 students
- Excellent on the End Of Course Exam: 44 students
- Advanced Placement Spring Enrollees: 44 students
- Principal’s Honor Roll: 4.0 G.P.A. and higher: 68 students
- School Honor Roll: 3.5-3.99 G.P.A. : 132 students
- Merit Honor Roll: 3.0-3.49 G.P.A. : 174 students
Below are pictures from the ceremony.