2017 OPSB Charter Applications Are Now Available Online
March 9, 2017
Applications received in response to the 2017 OPSB Charter School RFA are available below. Cover sheets and executive summaries will be posted for eligible applicants after Part 2 deadline closes.
All charter school application materials submitted to OPSB become public records, pursuant to the Louisiana Public Records Law, LSA-R.S. 44:1 et seq. Any questions regarding specific information contained in the applications should not be directed to OPSB but should be directed to the applicants which prepared the documents.
The recommendation report provided by the district’s independent evaluation team, as well as district administration recommendations, will be posted to this website as soon as they are completed. For any questions or requests regarding the 2017 RFA process, please contact Forrest Collins, Assistant Director of Strategy, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
THE PROCESS FOR APPLICATIONS BEING UPLOADED TO THE WEBSITE ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Applications are reviewed by district staff for completeness and eligibility to proceed to evaluation
- Complete submissions are then released to the independent evaluation team to begin their review
- Submissions are then processed for redactions of personal information
- Documents are then uploaded to the website for public review as redactions are completed
- Applicants with completeness findings are provided until Friday at noon to correct these issues; additional documents will be posted as this process can be completed
APPLICANTS TO CONVERT/TRANSFORM EXISTING NEW ORLEANS PUBLIC SCHOOLS (Type 3 Charter Schools):
Better Choice Foundation
Contact Person: Christopher Smith, Christopher.Smith@bcfcharter.com
Application for McDonogh 42 Elementary has been withdrawn from consideration by the applicant.
Application for Bethune Elementary, Ben Franklin Elementary, and Mahalia Jackson Elementary has been withdrawn from consideration by the applicant.
ExCEED Network Schools
Contact Person: Nicolette London, email@example.com
Application for Bethune Elementary, Ben Franklin Elementary, Mahalia Jackson Elementary, McMain Secondary School, McDonogh 35 High School
- Notices of Intent
- Executive Summary
- Full Zipped Application (without Parent/Community Support)
- Letters of Support (1, 2, 3)
Contact Person: Emily Hartnett, firstname.lastname@example.org
Application for McDonogh 42 Elementary
- Notice of Intent to Apply
- Executive Summary
- Full Zipped Application (without Annual Report)
- Annual Report
High School Replication Materials
APPLICANTS TO OPEN NEW SCHOOLS (Type 1 Charter Schools):
Applicant has withdrawn from consideration.
Contact Person: Nikkia Barnes, email@example.com
Center for Resilience
Contact Person: Elizabeth Marcell, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Nash Crews, email@example.com
French and Montessori Education
Contact Person: Latoye Brown, firstname.lastname@example.org
IDEA Public Schools
Contact Person: Kenneth Campbell, email@example.com
New Harmony High
Contact Person: Sunny Summers, firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Person: Wayne Marquez, email@example.com
Public Disclosure All responses to the Charter School RFA submitted to OPSB are public records, pursuant to the Louisiana Public Records Law, LSA-R.S. 44:1 et seq.