School board meetings will be held at Orleans Parish School Board Central Office at 3520 General DeGaulle Drive, Suite 1050, New Orleans, Louisiana 70114 at 5:30 PM. Committee meetings will take place the Tuesday immediately prior to the Board meeting day.
2018 OPSB Calendar of meetings is as follows:
- January 2018
- Committee Meetings, Jan. 22 / Board Meetings, Jan. 24
- February 2018
- Committee Meetings, Feb. 20 / Board Business, Feb. 22
- March 2018
- Committee Meetings, March 20 / Board Business, March 22
- April 2018
- Committee Meetings, April 17 / Board Business, April 19
- May 2018
- Committee Meetings, May 15 / Board Business, May 17
- June 2018
- Committee Meetings, June 12 / Board Meetings, June 14
- July 2018
- Committee Meeting, July 17/ Board Meetings, July 19
- August 2018
- Committee Meetings, Aug. 21 / Board Business, Aug. 23
- September 2018
- Committee Meetings, Sept. 18 / Board Business, Sept. 20
- October 2018
- Committee Meetings, Oct. 9 / Board Business, Oct. 11
- November 2018
- Committee Meetings, Nov. 13 / Board Business, Nov. 15
- December 2018
- Committee Meetings, Dec. 18 / Board Business, Dec. 20
Click here to view the 2018 OPSB Committee and Business Meeting schedule. Full meeting time and agendas will be posted for both Committee and Board meetings to the OPSB website at least 24 hours prior for public review. Visit www.opsb.us for more information.
The general public is encouraged to attend all public meetings of the Board and Board Committees. In addition to attending the public is invited to make public comment relative to any matter of interest on the agenda as the agenda items comes up during the course of the meetings. The rules for public comment are:
- A card requesting the comment be heard should be completed before the item comes up on the agenda and submitted to the Board Counsel presiding at the meeting.
- The Board Counsel will call on those who have submitted cards one by one as the agenda item for which the card was submitted comes up on the agenda.
- The community member submitting the card will come to the microphone at the front of the meeting, if there is one present. In the case of smaller venues and audiences such as in Committee Meetings or Special Board Meetings the speaker will be asked to stand and speak clearly to allow all present to fully hear the remarks.
- The comment should be no longer than 3 minutes in length and adhere to the topic of the agenda item for which it was requested.
- The speaker shall refrain from becoming abusive in the delivery of the comment.