Resources for Current OPSB Authorized Charter Schools
2017-18 LEA Information
Info for schools electing to transition out of OPSB LEA beginning in SY 2017-18
As schools elect to transition out of OPSB’s LEA, we want to ensure that the transition is smooth. For this reason, OPSB is currently working closely with LDOE to ensure the right guidance is disseminated to schools on the appropriate timeline.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Submit questions here: LEA Transition Feedback
Information for schools that will be a part of OPSB LEA for SY 2017-18
Schools opting to join or remain in OPSB LEA for SY 2017-18 can expect modifications to services currently provided by OPSB. Schools may require additional staff, training, and resources for the upcoming school year. OPSB is currently assessing the impact to schools and anticipates sharing further guidance before the end of the current school year.
2016-17 Reporting Calendars
- 2016-17 OPSB Reporting Calendar for Schools in OPSB LEA updated 3/1
- 2016-17 OPSB Reporting Calendar for Schools Acting as Independent LEAs updated 3/1
Relevant Forms and Templates
- School Contact Info Form – submit updates to Portfolio Office as needed
- Governing Board Information Form– submit updates to Portfolio Office as needed
- 2016-17 Beginning of Year Student Information Form – use this form to report FERPA confirmations, parental consent for transcript sharing and Home Language Survey completion
- AFR Template
- Fixed Asset Spreadsheet Template (Charters)
- LA4 Monthly Attendance Form
- Compass Update Form
- Quarterly School-Wide Plan Template
Information about AUP-Dedicated Millage:
On November 17, 2015, the Orleans Parish taxing district (OPSB) voted to increase the millage rate(s) on all taxable property for the following dedicated purposes:
See below for information regarding 2015 Resolution. Materials will be updated with 2016 Resolution (when available).
|Dedicated Purposes:||2016 Levy|
|Purpose A: School Books, Materials, and Supplies||1.55|
|Purpose B: Early Childhood, Discipline, and Dropout||1.55|
|Purpose C: Employee Salary, Benefits, and Incentives||7.27|
|Purpose D: Air Conditioning, Asbestos Removal, and Facilities Maintenance||2.32|
As a recipient of millage funding, as part of the local portion of MFP funding, each charter school is required to adhere to spending of said funding on the dedicated purposes above.
AUP Millage Reporting Requirements: Reporting of each schools agreed upon procedures to adhere to dedicated spending purposes, is required, as prepared by the charter school’s auditor (in the Annual Audit Report or in a separate report, also verified by an independent auditor).
Open Meetings Laws
From the state Attorney General’s website: http://www.ag.state.la.us/Article.aspx?articleID=21&catID=0
From OPSB: Charter School Sunshine Laws